HPS 100% marine grade 316 stainless steel T Bolt hose clamps size # 36 with effective range 2" - 2.32" (51mm-59mm) perform well in saltwater applications and offer better corrosion resistance than the standard 304 T-bolt band clamp; therefore 316 tbolt clamps are commonly used to provide leak-proof connections on marine engine and exhaust systems. Professionals also utilize the high strength 316 T Bolt clamps in applications such as water treatment and sewage systems, military, filter bags, telecommunication devices, sanitary systems, food and pharmaceutical processing equipment.
- Perform well in saltwater applications and offer better corrosion resistance than the standard 304 T-bolt band clamp
- Size # 36
- Effective Size Range: 2" - 2.32" (51mm-59mm)
- 100% Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel Band, Bolt and Nut
- High strength with superior welded construction
- 3/4" (19mm) band width with floating bridge
- Band thickness: 0.6mm
- Maximum Torque Spec 75 in. lbs
- Can be used with HPS 1-3/4" silicone hoses
- Part Number: 316-SSTC-51-59
- UPC: 648044880860
- Quantity: 1
REMARK: Two clamps are recommended to be used on each end of a wet exhaust installation.
Question: What is the best way to determine the clamp size you'll need?
1. If you are buying the clamps for a pipe or a hose that is NOT made by HPS, simply measure the outside diameter (O.D.) of your final hose assembly or pipe. Locate the HPS part number with the measured O.D. falls in the middle of the effective size range. You can also use the size # as the reference if you already know the SAE # of the clamps you need.
2. If you are buying the clamps for our HPS silicone hoses, you can simply refer to the chart listed above. The chart shows the clamps part number that would fit on HPS Silicone Hoses with the INSIDE DIAMETER.
Question. If a hose or piping OUTSIDE diameter is 2-1/8" (54mm), should I pick t-bolt clamp size # 36 or size # 40?
The correct choice is size # 36. You would need the t-bolt clamp effective size to be 51mm-59mm so the HOSE OUTSIDE Diameter would fall in between the effective size range. Remark: Size # 48 fits the HPS Silicone Hose with INSIDE diameter of 2-1/8" (54mm), but it does NOT fit hose or piping with OUTSIDE diameter of 2-1/8" (54mm).
Question. If a hose has INSIDE diameter = 2-3/8" (60mm), what part# should I choose?
In this case, we would NOT be able to figure out what t-bolt clamp to be used until we know the OUTSIDE diameter of the hose. An obvious choice is size # 56 if your hose has 5mm wall thickness (all HPS silicone hoses have 5mm wall thickness unless otherwise stated). However, it might vary since different hose has different wall thickness; if your hose wall thickness is 4mm, then the OUTSIDE diameter would be 60mm+4mm +4mm = 68mm, a t-bolt clamp with effective range size # 52 would be a better fit for a hose with 2-3/8" ID and 4mm wall thickness.